Safer Tourism Seal
The Safer Tourism Seal is available to Destinations and Stakeholders (Hospitality, Transportation, Attractions, Tour Companies, Travel Agencies, etc)
We base our Safer Tourism Seal (STS) on your self-assessment and commitment. There is no fee.
Evaluation: You have an option to add our independent evaluation. This not only demonstrates a commitment to safer tourism by self-assessment but allows an independent Expert to research, consult, and evaluate. There is a fee for the optional evaluation. In some cases, we may upgrade a self-assessment status to “evaluated” based on information and updates received by you are other sources without charge.
Endorsement: Independent Safer Tourism Seal Evaluation may result in an endorsement. Endorsements are never guaranteed.
The Safer Tourism Seal will build confidence for travelers and travel providers as well as destinations and is becoming a recognizable symbol throughout the world.
In other words, safer implies that one can travel with confidence. We welcome your effort to obtain a Safer Tourism Seal.
- APPLY: The easy one-page application is on the bottom of this page.
We may award the seal based on other information.
- SHARE YOUR POLICIES: We look at your policies already in place including your approval in initiatives like the one you announced.
- EVALUATION: We may schedule an interview or discussion with a Safer Tourism expert. Safer Tourism will provide and publish a summary of the findings and its recommendation. Evaluation reports may be shared on resource portals, including rebuilding.travel and resilience.travel and included in upcoming outreach to media partners.
- IMPLEMENTATION: You can show your Safer Tourism Seal proudly, and we will help to let the world know through our visibility channels, podcasts, and destination events.
- FOLLOW UP: We may periodically follow up with you.
- ADJUSTMENTS could be made anytime based on updated information and situations.
- Your Safer Tourism Summary Listing, or your individual Profile Listing will be included on the safertourismseal.com website based on the approved category.
- Add the safer tourism seal to your website and promotional material.
- Link to your listing from your social media and websites
- Circulate on your social media – we will do the same.
- Seal holder may add promotions to the reopeningtourism.com directory.
- Most independent evaluations are widely promoted and expected to receive media attention.
- Reach out to your visitors that applied for the Safer Tourism Pass.
- Published profiles on this website are used as a reference by trade, media, and consumers.
The Safer Tourism Seal based on self-assessment.
The seal is free. The free version includes your company name and location to be listed on a summary listing page. You will be provided with a free download page for the seal once approved.
There is an option to have your private profile page included on this website including links, photos/videos, and statements.
There is a $75.00 administrative fee to add a private profile page.
Evaluation Option: There is an administration cost for an independent evaluation. The evaluation will be included on your complimentary profile page and other outreach.
Charge for an independent Evaluation report:
Destinations | Public Sector: $1000.00
Stakeholders (Hotels, Airlines, Attractions, Tour Operators, Safari Companies, etc) $600.00
Small Businesses with less than 5 people employed $300.00
Individual Tour Guides, Travel Agents, Independent Self Employed Professionals: $150.00